Instead Of Asking, "What's Wrong with You?" At JRC, We Ask, "How Can We Help You?"
Jackson Resource Center’s Transformational Campus only serves residents of the Jackson and surrounding cities who show at least nine (9) months proof of residency.
Discharging Homeless Patients to JRC (COMING SOON)
Hospitals/Residential Treatment Facilities/Nursing Facilities planning on discharging a homeless patient to Jackson Resource Center’s Capers Campus must email a completed “Discharge Referral Checklist” form along with required medical records to email@example.com. Please allow a 24-hour turnaround for clearance.
Download the form here
Where do I start? (COMING SOON)
The Intake Building is located at 1 Faith Way
New arrivals to Jackson Resource Center’s Transformational Campus and the Courtyard are done on a walk-in basis.
To be eligible for our shelter and services you MUST:
- Be homeless (Lacking a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence), and have proof of homelessness (eviction notice, statement from family member/friend, motel/hotel receipts)
- Be a resident of Jackson, MS or surrounding cities with proof of residency for at least 9 months (Transformational Campus).
- Proof of residency is a document that proves your status as a resident; for example, tax documents, copy of lease, pay stubs, hospital records, etc.
- Have government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport, military ID, MDOC Mug Shot, or any state or federally issued photo ID) or be willing to obtain government issued photo ID within 30 days
Please call 769.218.0008 if you need alternative assistance such as assistance with bills, community resources, availability of surrounding shelters, etc.
Where do I go after hours? (COMING SOON)
If you are the guardian of a minor or minors in need of shelter, please go to Jackson Resource Center and speak to a Security Officer at the security building (1 Faith Way) for temporary emergency services placement. Guardians will need to have a federal or state issued ID, and birth certificates or proof of relationship to each minor child.
If you are a single individual with no minor children in need of shelter, please speak with a Life Safety Officer at the South Gate, Courtyard, for temporary pre-intake screening. Pre-Intake services are limited to 7-days, you will have access to meals, showers, and a safe place to sleep, if you are still in need of shelter after the initial 7-day pre-intake, present to Intake Department for a full enrollment.
Unfortunately, we cannot shelter unaccompanied minors. If you are an unaccompanied minor, please call United Way by dialing 769.218.0008 for a listing of available shelters and resources.
Requirements for entering Transformational Campus Program (COMING SOON)
- First, you must complete the intake process at the Intake Department. Intake is first come, first served.
- Be a resident of Jackson or a surrounding city
- Have proof of residency of at least nine (9) months in one of these cities
- Be 18 years or older or accompanied by a legal guardian
- Be able to care for self independently
- Have valid government or state issued ID
- Be drug and alcohol free, upon campus bed availability, a Urine Analysis (UA) will be completed to screen for drugs and alcohol
- Cannot be a registered sex offender
- Be considered homeless by HUD definition (HUD Definition of homelessness: an individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence)
- Have proof of homelessness (eviction notice, statement from family members or friends, hotel/motel receipts)
- Be willing and commit to working with a Success Coach, with a goal of housing and sustainability
Jackson Resource Center Intake Location (COMING SOON)
Intake Hours (COMING SOON)
The Intake Department at Jackson Resource Center is open Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm BY APPOINTMENT to enroll individuals experiencing homelessness into one of JRC’s various programs. All of Jackson Resource Center programs provide indoor sleeping and access to housing and sustainability services.
Client safety is our priority (COMING SOON)
To ensure the safety of all clients who come to Jackson Resource Center, we have modified our intake processes. If you need shelter, please stop by Monday through Friday between 7 am and 3 pm. Daily enrollments into services will be completed on a first-come-first-served basis and are dependent on space availability. All new intakes will be tested for COVID-19 onsite through a Rapid Antigen Test administered by Intake Staff. Upon completion of testing, you may be required to isolate in a designated location if your Antigen Test is positive or if you display any COVID-19 Symptom. If the test results are positive, transportation and placement will be arranged at the City’s Isolation Care Facility. If the test results are negative, individuals will transition to JRC programming. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Jackson Resource Center is committed to serving individuals living in Jackson and surrounding cities who are experiencing homelessness, including those with disabilities. Our Transformational Campus is handicap accessible and our goal is to provide a welcoming environment where all clients, including those with disabilities, can reasonably access all of the services provided on this campus and in the Courtyard, as well as use our website. If you have any questions about the accommodations available for disabled clients, please contact the Intake Department in person or by calling 769-218-0008.